Feeling the need to dip something into you hot chocolate but you are dead bored of biscuits today?
- 7 tbsp / 100g Butter
- 2 oz / 50g Raisins optional
- 1¼ cup / 300ml Milk or water
- 5 cup / 600g Flour
- In a small bowl, combine the cocoa powder, butter and agave syrup. Whisk them well.
- Sprinkle the yeast into half cup of lukewarm milk or water. If it gets foamy that’s completely normal it shows that the yeast is working.
- In the meantime measure and put flour, eggs, butter and the remaining milk into a large bowl. Eventually pour in the foamy yeast and milk too.
- Knead the mixture until a soft dough forms.
- Cover top with plastic wrap and place in a warm spot until for half an hour.
- Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface to a square.
- Cut crosswise into 1″ (2cm) wide pieces. (Clean knife after each slice to make it easier to cut.)
- Cover and let them rise for about half an hour.
- Heat the oven to 356°F / 180°C
- Brush the rolls with egg yolk before placing them in the oven.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes (depends on your oven) and take them out when they have a nice golden color.
- Let them cool a little bit before serving.