Vegan, Paleo, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free
- 4 cups organic regular coconut milk
- ⅛ teaspoon unrefined sea salt
- 1 small avocado
- 2 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon raw cacao powder or cocoa powder
1. Place the coconut milk in a medium saucepan and heat over medium heat until hot and simmering. Add tea sachets, turn heat to low and steep tea for 3 minutes.
2. Remove tea sachets and stir in coconut sugar, vanilla bean seeds or extract, and sea salt. Pour tea milk into a heat proof container and chill for several hours or overnight.
3. Once done chilling take tea milk from refrigerator, place in a blender and add avocado meat, mint leaves, and raw cacao powder blending until smooth.
4. Place ice cream in chilled ice cream container and freeze according to ice cream manufacturer’s directions. Once ice cream is done stir in chocolate pieces if using and enjoy immediately.
5. This ice cream will last for 2-3 weeks stored in an airtight container in the freezer. Once you freeze the ice cream in your freezer, you need to let it sit out for around 20 minutes to get soft before serving.