Fall is undeniably here and finally this low carb dessert recipe can get out from the drawer.
Course: Dessert, Snack
- 1 Ripe banana or one tablespoon of sweetener of choice
- ¼ cup / 30g Flax seed ground
- ⅔ cup / 70g Chestnut flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- Break and separate eggs. Put yolks aside into a glass or cup for later.
- Put egg whites into a mixing ball and whisk until hard peaks form.
- Pour yolks into the mixing bowl slowly one by one whilst whisking vigorously.
- Peel banana and place it in a bowl then squash it with a fork.
- Measure and grind flax seed.
- Mix dry ingredients, flax seed flour, chestnut flour and baking powder in a medium size bowl. Get it ready to pour it into the egg mixture.
- Fold dry ingredients and squashed banana alternately into the egg mixture. Try to do it carefully, break eggs as less as possible.
- Pour batter into a loaf tin and put it into the pre-heated oven 356ºF / 180ºC.
- Bake it for 45 minutes. Check it with a toothpick if it’s baked properly. (Stick toothpick into the bread if it comes out clean it is ready. If not, leave it for another 5-10 minutes. It always depends on your oven…)
- Wait at least 10 minutes before you cut it up.