So simple and fast to make that even after a busy day you can whip up a healthy apple pie like this one in minutes.
- Put flour, baking powder, butter, egg, vanilla and agave into a medium size bowl. Use your fingers to work the butter and egg into the flour until resembles. If the dough is too dry and falls apart then pour a little bit of milk or water over the mixture. Bring the dough together by hand.
- Form the dough into a disk and refrigerate until chilled.
- Peel, core and slice the apples.
- Sprinkle sliced apples with lemon juice so they won’t go brown.
- Get the dough out of the fridge and divide it into two pieces. A bigger and a smaller piece: 1/3 and 2/3.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the bigger piece of dough into the form and size of your baking tray.
- Place disk onto the tray, fit or tweak it if needed.
- Put sliced apple filling on top of the dough then sprinkle with the cinnamon.
- Roll out the smaller part of dough on floured surface. Cut and roll them into strips. Lay out 4 to 6 parallel strips across pie. Form lattice by arranging another 4 to 6 strips diagonally across first strips.
- Place apple pie into the 350°F / 180°C preheated oven for about half an hour to bake.